Monday, October 31, 2016

Starting from Zero in Albatros

Sushi


Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


This week we had an experience where we were able to help a recent convert in a tough moment in his life. Freddy has been battling with an alcohol addiction and this weekend he fell again. But this time he fell harder than before because he felt terrible for doing it. Elder Sanchez and I were able to help him realize that he can repent and be forgiven for sins that he has committed and live beyond all of this pain and shame that he feels. I´m so grateful to know that God gives us weaknesses so we can learn to be better and more prepared for the next life. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can find peace and joy as we live the Gospel and learn to apply it to our challenges and difficulties.



Hola a todos!


This week has been quite a challenge! We arrived to our area and we didn´t have a map, telephone, and Elder Sanchez arriving without knowing anything. We basically started from zero. It has been an adventure figuring out where to go, meeting all the members and investigators, and arranging everything with our house. Our new area called Albatros is huge! Before there were 6 missionaries here but now it is just my companion and I. We have lots to work to do! The sister missionaries that were here before had to leave due to a problem with investigators. We had to buy a map, we are looking for bikes to get to know the area faster, and we are looking for a new house to rent that is in the limits of our area. The members here are suuuper nice! There are various youth and young single adults that have helped us know the members and investigators.
Con Elder Sanchez

Mazatlan is so beautiful! When we do exercise in the morning we have been going to the malecon to run which is so cool in the morning seeing the waves on the beach and the sunrises. We have gotten lost several times as we are still trying to learn the new place.

New Apartment is Huge!
Elder Sanchez is pretty cool! He is from Chiapas and he is very chill. He reminds me a lot of my past companion Elder Cruz from Chiapas haha. He doesn´t talk much but is a great missionary! We are going to work very hard so we can help the Albatros Ward and baptize!


Have a fun and safe week everyone!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment