Monday, October 17, 2016

Moving Forward with Faith

Mosiah 24:13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage. 14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.


This scripture I wanted to share with those who go through difficulties and challenges of life. I know we all do and so I hope this will remind of the love our Heavenly Father has for us! I know that He will comfort us in our afflictions and when we turn to Him we will be strengthened to keep moving forward with faith. I know this is true because He has been by my side every minute and I feel His love and protection.

Biking to Potrerillos

Hola! Cómo están? Todo va bien aquí en Tanques, Sinaloa!


It was another very warm week! Just when we thought that the heat was calming down and becoming a little cooler, the sun was very hot. We continued with our missionary efforts and are trying to keep our spirits up!


The Tanques Branch is going through a little crisis. There are contentions between the families, gossip and drama, not many fulfill their callings and responsibilities, and little help in the missionary department. Elder Navarro and I have been battling with the help of the members to help our investigators progress but it's been very challenging. However, our investigator Nayeli is progressing very well! She came to church on Sunday which was a little miracle for us. She is reading the Book of Mormon and saying prayers everyday. She is preparing to be baptized the next month. We have found out a few more things about Chema our investigator and Presidente Gabaldón has to come down to do the baptismal interview for him.


My funny/interesting experience this week was with a drunk man. We arrived at the house of our investigator Concha and then arrived her drunk brother whose name in Jesucristo, and it was 12:30 in the afternoon haha. He gave me a hug that I was reluctant to give and shook his hand that he gripped so tight and that bothered me a little bit but then he tried to hug my companion and Elder Navarro didn't let him and he got a little mad haha. We then helped Concha take down a chicken house in her yard and he was there having a conversation all by himself and was talking in English so I couldn't focused. He gave me the nickname "Niño de los Cabachos" which was pretty funny.


This week we went to Culiacán to fix some papers for migration. According to the secretaries I was illegal in Mexico for about a month. So we took a day to go fix that and we got McDonalds after. First Mickey D's in a year!


The transfers are next week and I'm almost positive that I'll be going to a new area! Elder Navarro and I have gotten pretty close and I will miss him a lot!


I hope everyone has a great week! God Bless!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment