Monday, October 3, 2016

13 Months in the Mission

Alma 7:11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 12 And he will take upon him death , that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the  flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities 13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.


This is a scripture that I absolutely love because it reminds me of the love Jesus Christ has for me that He would suffer for ME and my weakness, sins, and pains. We truly are blessed as children of God for His infinite sacrifice of the Atonement which allows us to be forgiven of sin, receive His Spirit, and so we are more prepared to enter in God's kingdom.


Fernando and I on the railroad tracks

Hey everyone! I apparently have 13 months in the mission now. I feel more dedicated to God's work and glory that I am losing track of the time. I am grateful for the service that I am giving to God's children because it is helping me grow in so many ways!


This week was like Christmas for me because I was so anxious for General Conference! On Saturday we went to La Cruz to watch and hear from the living prophet, apostles, and other inspired leaders. I watched it in English on Saturday which was nice. On Sunday, we stayed in Tanques to watch it but the computer paused and we could barely hear and it was in Spanish, so basically I didn't understand anything. But we were able to go to the ciber here in Tanques and watch it in English again. I loved the talks by Pte Uchtdorf, Elder Andersen, and of course, the powerful words of the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. I know they are truly lead and guided by God to teach us.

Taco and Quesadillas after the Zone Meeting
This week with our investigators was pretty difficult. I feel that all we are doing is good but there is little progression in our investigators. We have realized that many people struggle to truly live God's teachings and do not listen and believe what we are teaching and testifying to them. I learned in the conference that we can feel peace and happiness in our trials, and that's what I am recognizing more as I am here in Tanques and in the mission. I know that God loves me and loves all His children. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way that we can receive forgiveness and be worthy to live with our Heavenly Father again!


Tanques

Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment