Monday, September 26, 2016

Faith Requires Action

3 Nephi 12:19 And behold, I have given you the law and the commandments of my Father, that ye shall believe in me, and that ye shall repent of your sins, and come unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit. Behold, ye have the commandments before you, and the law is fulfilled. 20 Therefore come unto me and be ye saved; for verily I say unto you, that except ye shall keep my commandments, which I have commanded you at this time, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

"Little" friend that was walking out of our meeting


I wanted to share this scripture this week because a lot of the people that we taught have the mentality that if they believe in God and Jesus Christ that it is sufficient, but the prophets and their teachings help us understand that FAITH REQUIRES ACTION! Trusting Heavenly Father and His chosen servants means that we should do all we can to follow what they tell us, because not only it is for our peace and happiness in this life, but for the joy we can experience in the life to come through OBEDIENCE to God's commandments. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to see and hear from our living Prophet Thomas S. Monson and his apostles this coming weekend in General Conference.




This was a pretty long and difficult week, but the Lord is helping me learn patience and recognize his Spirit more in my life.

Leadership conference in Culiacan



On Tuesday, there was a Leadership Counsel in Culiacán for the Zone Leaders and District Leaders so I was invited to go. It was quite the journey to arrive: We went to the Interstate at 6 in the morning to take the bus and Elder Lopez, who is in a trio with the Zone Leaders in La Cruz, was going to get off the bus at Tanques and I was going to get on and everything would be fine. Elder Lopez didn't get off and so we thought it was a different bus but turns out that it was the correct one but he didn't get off. Later he accidently get off in an unknown pueblo that they thought was Tanques but wasn't. So Elder Lopez was lost and we didn't know what to do for a bit. But we went with a member to rescue Elder Lopez and then I went alone to Culiacán which was a weird experience not having a companion. I arrived safely and everyone made it to where they needed to be thanks to the Lord's guidance. (Elder Lopez must have been Elder Nevarro's companion for the day)

Mexican Night in the Tanques Branch


This week, I could feel and recognize the Holy Ghost more than I have before in the mission. In our morning preparations, we were more diligent, and proactive to read the Book of Mormon and that really set the tone for how the rest of our day went. I'm really grateful for the still small voice of the Spirit that teaches me and help me feel peace in times of difficulty.

Noche Mexicana



I struggled a little this week with patience for some of our investigators. Sometimes I am so passionate about this work because I want them to do what we invite them to do because we know it can change their life, but they don't. It's a little frustrating when they do not keep their commitments but I am learning that sometimes Lord wants me to do something better as His servant or develop patience. Even when I'm striving to have the Spirit always, I am understanding that I need to trust in Heavenly Father and His perfect timing.

Noche Mexicana (must be in the church)



Our investigators are doing alright. We have a new investigator named Nayeli who has a baptismal date for 29 of October! She is awesome and knows a lot about the Gospel and the scriptures. Other investigators we have are battling with addictions or problems of crime that they have committed and so it's been a good learning experience how to help them with their weakness and challenges applying the Atonement of Christ and the Gospel in their lives. It is so wonderful!

Pizza with Hna Irma



It's starting to cool down a little bit which is nice! A member brought us with our bikes to Boscoso and we did a few visits their before we went to Potrerillos which is pretty close and then worked there for the rest of the day.

Biking from Potrerillos to Tanques

We ended up riding our bikes through strong winds on our way back to Tanques which was a fun and scary experience seeing the lighting strike across our faces as we quickly pedaled back. Elder Navarro and I just finished washing our clothes by hand before we came and wrote today. Things are going well!

Rainstorm in Culiacan





I love this Gospel and I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and has helped me become closer to my Savior!




Elder Bennett



Arco Iris(Rainbow)




No comments:

Post a Comment