Monday, September 12, 2016

Transfer Day: Staying in Tanques

Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


Hey everyone!


This was an interesting week I would say. After writing the last Monday we received a phone call from Pte Gabaldón reminding of us to be obedient because it turns out that he didn't like very much that we went to Cosala or Celestino...but we repented and learned from our mistake. Moments like those I learn the most and strength my testimony of EXACT obedience.


On Tuesday, we made a trip up to Culiacán again to renew my migration card. My green card lasts for one year so we made a quick trip up to the offices where I filled out and signed some papers then went and took pictures for my new card and man was it a bad day to take a picture. Strong winds from a hurricane were passing through Culiacán and we had to leave super early in the morning to take the 2 hour bus ride didn't make a good combination for pictures haha. We heard that the missionaries in La Baja California brought their mattresses to the church to take refuge from a strong hurricane that hit in Los Cabos. No one was hurt so that's good.


Today is transfer day but Elder Navarro and I will be together another transfer here in Tanques. I now have 3 months in Tanques and now that we have good things happening I'm excited for what will happen the next month and a half. It is sure that we will have a baptism or two coming up! I'm also grateful for the opportunity I have to be will Elder Navarro and finish his training. Pte Gabaldón wanted all the trainers to make sure that the new missionaries baptize in their first 12 weeks and that's the goal that I have for my companion! Elder Navarro is a pretty fun guy! It'll be a good experience to be with him growing and learning as sevants of the Lord.


We have some investigators progressing and others not progressing. It has been a struggle still with Jaime from Boscoso to come to church. Every week he tells us that he will go but never does. But we will never lose the faith we have in him. It turns out that Adrian went back to work at his old job about 45 minutes away in La Cruz and didn't come to church this week and doesn't have a cell phone so we are not sure what will happen with him or his baptismal date. But, Cindy and Ismael and their children from Potrerillos have been coming to church and it's been great teaching them every week. We had Family Home Evening with some members in Potrerillos where we had several investigators come and we watched the Restoration video, super great! But the challenge with Cindy and Ismael is they aren't sure about a baptismal date so soon, so we testified that God can help prepare them and help them to know for themselves that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the kingdom on God here on the earth, that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and that the Book of Mormon is true!
Famila Garcia

We had a scary experience with a member in the branch that was kidnapped.  I'm not sure what you would call it but she received a call and was told that if she didn't go to a specific place in Culiacán that she would kill her husband and kids. She was missing for 2 days when they found her in good health in a hotel room. We were able to give her a priesthood blessing of comfort during this difficult time. I was glad that I could bless and comfort this nice woman.


I know God has a specific plan for us. He knows and loves us. Not our will, but His.


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment