Monday, November 7, 2016

The Lord is Looking out for Us

Hey everyone!


Alma 21:16 And they went forth whithersoever they were led by the Spirit of the Lord, preaching the word of God in every synagogue of the Amalekites, or in every assembly of the Lamanites where they could be admitted.

Elder Sanchez & I

This scripture helped me a lot this week because the Spirit was able to help Elder Sanchez and myself to find new people to teach. I am reading in the Book of Mormon about the Ammon and his brothers preaching to the Lamanites. It is such a miracle that the Lord could convert the wicked Lamanites. Alma 23:6 "And as sure as the Lord liveth, so sure as many as believed, or as many as were brought to the knowledge of the truth, through the preaching of Ammon and his brethren, according to the spirit of revelation and of prophecy, and the power of God working miracles in them—yea, I say unto you, as the Lord liveth, as many of the Lamanites as believed in their preaching, and were converted unto the Lord, never did fall away."


Tacos, Chorredadas Y Tortas
This week was a roller coaster! This week we were able to contact 41 people in the street! That's a new record for me and my companion. We had a lot of good help from the members who went on divisions with us to split up and contact as many people as we could. We don't have many investigators right now so we were able to complete the first essential part of the Culture of the Mission Mexico Culiacan which is "Find to teach repentance" so this week we will complete with the next step in the process of missionary work!

Cathedral de Centro
I've have been facing some trials lately in the mission. Last night and this morning I was sick and vomiting which took out all my energy for today. We ate hand made tortillas de harina with chicken and hot sauce. So it has been a pretty long day today. Well the heat of Mazatlan still doesn't want to leave so all day we are walking and it is pretty tiring. We still haven't found any bikes or apartments in our area but I know the Lord will bless us for our efforts.
Albatros

This week I had my first interview with Presidente Gabaldón. I felt a lot better after to know I have the support and confidence of my mission president. I know he is inspired by God!
Making breakfast (note an actual stovetop instead of a single burner)

I forgot to tell an experience I had the second day in Mazatlan. We were looking for members who could help us find our way around and we were completely lost trying to look for the members house where we would eat. We arrived at a food stand and a man asked us if we had eaten and we said no and we were starving so the man bought us a torta which was such a blessing because I know the Lord was looking out for us that day and he made the way possible for us to eat that day.
Getting ready for church

I know that the Lord lives and loves me!


Elder Bennett





No comments:

Post a Comment