Monday, November 28, 2016

A God of Miracles

Hey everyone!


St Mark 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.
Mazatlan Sunset

I want to give my testimony of the blessings of Priesthood power. This week was very special because we had various opportunities to give Priesthood blessings. I am so grateful to have the power and authority of God and be worthy to exercise it. As Priesthood holders we have the same power and authority that Christ used to create the earth and all things. It's the same power that he confirmed to His Apostles more than 2000 years ago. I know that as I continue to remain worthy to exercise this God-given authority than I can be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to be able to cast out devils and heal the sick.

Had to replace his brown shoes- thank goodness for Amazon!

This was a pretty good week! my companion Elder Sanchez sometimes worries me because he is not the go-getter type of missionary. It's been a challenge for him to take initiative and do things on his own like contact someone in the street, start a lesson, or update the area book. I've been trying to help him improve with these things. But we are getting along and having success!
2 Story Chapel

 We have been starting to have more lessons so we are excited. We have found some families that are really awesome and prepared to hear the Gospel. Knowing that Heavenly Father has prepared families to hear our message brings my great joy.
Perro Caliente~Hot Dog

This week I went on splits with Elder Cancino. He's from my generation and we arrived to the mission the same day. He is a super nice guy! He's my district leader as well.
Splits with Elder Cancion & pic with the Zone Leaders
We had a very special experience on Thursday when we were working in Albatros and we found the Tirado Family. They have a loved one that is very sick. All his family members are very sad because he now has one year being sick and is breathing through a tube. We were able to explain that we have to power and authority to heal this man according to the faith he and his family have in our Heavenly Father and that anything is possible with faith in Him. All the ladies who were present were in tears at the end of the blessings. I know that God hasn't ceased to be a God of miracles.


We still haven't found an apartment...But a plus for this week was that the weather has been starting to cool down finally! In the night we don't have turn up the air conditioning as much haha. But in the day it is still very warm! We didn't have any Thanksgiving dinner so that was a little sad :( Transfers are next week and I think that Elder Sanchez and I will stay another transfer.
Pizza on Pday!

I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for the prayers and support!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment