Monday, June 20, 2016

Goodbye to Some Good Friends in Los Pinos


Sunset

Alma 26:11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

His Dad Elder Moncayo left to go home to Ecuador



Hey everyone! Well, the Lord has some new plans for me in a new area with a new companion! I think I have a pretty big test ahead of me with Elder Cuevas. He's from the Dominican Republic and he's pretty courageous and speaks the truth always. 

New Companion  Elder Cuevas
Things will be interesting with him and in our area of Tanques. Tanques is a pueblo smaller than Teacapan in between Culiacan and Mazatlan. They say the town was started by a Mormon family and the church building here is the nicest in the whole state of Sinaloa. It will be very very different than Los Pinos but I know things will be alright.
New Area

The district meeting last Tuesday all the missionaries surprised me and gave me a cake and sang for me since my birthday is coming up and it was very likely that I will get transferred and so they were super awesome and threw a little party for me which was nice. Of course they slammed my face in the cake haha.

Birthday Celebration con  Zona Bachigulato

Zona Bachigulato

Being silly

Going to miss these guys!


It was a bitter sweet week because this was the last week with my son Elder Tineo. He has been a super amazing companion and I am going to miss him so much! We worked hard this week and we are still preparing our investigators for baptism! Rosa Maria will be baptized this Saturday, Pilar for July 2nd, and more to come!

Will never forget my son!

I said goodbye to everyone in Pinos :( It was sad, I love the members here and (almost) everyone is nice! I will truly miss the people that I have met here and want to come back to visit them again someday.

Friends from Los Pinos


Goodbye to some good friends

At the Gym

Friends at the gym
Favorite Families of Los Pinos

More favorites!

I'm grateful for the Gospel and the miracles that it brings in our life. I know that difficult things always come our way and these trials are inevitable, but suffering is optional. I know this Great Plan of Happiness that Heavenly Father has for us is so wonderful and perfect. I know the Lord has some things to learn here in Tanques and grow from my experiences with my companions. I love the mission!

Opening my birthday package (Little stinker- his birthday isn't till the 28th!)

Elder Bennett

Lichis

Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment