Wednesday, June 8, 2016

9 months- the real blog post

The whole block lost power as Jameson was emailing on Monday.  He was able to get on for a few minutes on Tuesday after his district meeting (much to this mom's relief) to finish his emails.

Mosiah 2:41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.


Buenas tardes everyone!


This week I completed 9 months in the mission! Once again I'll say that the time is going by extremely fast. It feels like not too long ago I was stepping on the airplane to Mexico to start serving 2 years as a full time missionary. I truly have enjoyed these last 9 months and know these next 15 months will be easier than the when I started.
One of our contacts- Felix who is super hilarious

This last week began the hot-aired weather of Culiacan and it got up to 113 this week so it was sort of a tough week but also we had some of the best days in my mission.


The sun makes me sleepy!

I really have gained a firm testimony and knowledge of how this Gospel works and now have a different perspective that I didn't have before of the importance of LIVING this Gospel and applying it to our lives. Last Friday was one of the best days of my mission because we were completely in tune with the Spirit and we shared the our message by the spirit to the people that the Spirit directed us to. It was a day that I appreciated because and it was one of the hottest and best days.
Our last English class with student Melanie


Our investigadores are doing well. Pilar now has 3 attendances and is preparing for June 25 for his baptism and told us that he completed the Book of Mormon in one month and is going to read it again. And we have Rosa Maria with her baptismal date for 25 June tambien and Sandra Lara forJuly 2 but the 2 dates fell :*( They didn't come to church so we have moved forward their dates. And we challenged Abraham to baptism and he gave us a firm "Sí!"So that was pretty awesome since the sister missionaries that were in Los Pinos before challenged him and he said he wasn't ready but now is his time and he's ready. We have been having good contacts and new investigadores every week and its been fun and busy.
With Felix

I really do love my companion Elder Tineo! We have been getting along so well since day one and now his Dominican accent is starting to stick to me haha and I've learned a lot from him and enjoyed him so much as a companion!
Our good friend Juan!

We love Juan!

This week we were challenged to ask ourselves "Qué más me falta?" or What else am I missing? and I was asking my Heavenly Father the things I need to improve and immediately I received answers. I know God doesn't want us to keep doing the things that aren't in harmony with his laws and commandments and I know that if we remember who we are and ask Heavenly Father for our help, He will give it to us! Ask and ya shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you.     

Tomateros- Culiacan's baseball team



I know Christ lives and wants us to apply His infinite Atonement so we can be perfected in Him and be worthy to return to the presence of His Father one day.


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment