Monday, July 3, 2017

21 Years Old

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.


This is a very simple but powerful scripture from the New Testament! This is a direct statement to Nicodemus and also to all of us. In the mission we are focusing on bringing our investigators to sacrament meeting and keep the Sabbath day which prepares them to make sacred covenants being baptized by someone who has God's Priesthood authority. We are fulfilling our missionary purpose as we help God's children receive the necessary ordinances of salvation as we prepare them to be baptized and confirmed as members of Christ's restored church. I know that God loves us and wants us to be with Him, and these blessings come as we follow Christ's perfect example being baptized and keeping those sacred promises that we make with him (Mosiah 18:8-10). The conversion to Christ that I see in others brings joy to my heart! I love this work!


Hellllo!


Well, I am now in my last transfer of my mission! I have 6 weeks left till I head home to Nebraska. I will finish my missionary service here in the Baja California Sur in Pescadero with my new companion Elder Martinez from Cuernavaca, Morelos! He has 6 months in the mission. 
new companion Elder Martinez de Cuernavaca
I will be the District Leader for my last transfer as well, I will now have 10 1/2 months as District Leader, I have grown to love helping, serving and loving the missionaries in this mission! Elder Yzquierdo went to San José del Cabo as District Leader and I will miss him a lot! I will see him in our Zone Conferences in a month.
Adios Elder Yzquierdo



This last week I turned 21! 
It was a pretty normal day in the mission field. The Sister Missionaries in my district called me and sang me Happy Birthday and also a birthday song they sing here in Mexico called Las Mañanitas.
Birthday package
I did eat cake on the 28th, my birthday, because the ex-Branch President invited me to chocolate cake and chocolate milk haha, a great combo! 

Chocolate cake & chocolate milk

On Sunday, Hermana Sol made Hector, our recent convert and I a cake, for his baptism and my birthday! Elder Yzquierdo had the pleasure to shove our faces in the cake after church haha. It was a great experience. It was difficult to remove the blue from my face! 




We are seeing a few challenges with the investigators but we are doing all we can to help them progress! Jesus, our investigator who didn't get baptized on the date we put with him, said that he wanted to see Elder Yzquierdo at his baptism and so we have faith that he will soon be baptized! Jorge and Pati are close to having all their papers finished for their marriage so they can be married! We will have baptisms soon!

I am happy to be here! I know this is the Lord's work and it is so important that God's children come to know these things that we know to be true! I have seen that as I do what the Lord asks of me, I have been blessed. He wants what's best for me! He will help me if I exercise my faith and do His will.
McDonald's

Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment