Monday, July 17, 2017

1 Month Left to Go!

1 Nephi 10:17 And it came to pass after I, Nephi, having heard all the words of my father, concerning the things which he saw in a vision, and also the things which he spake by the power of the Holy Ghost, which power he received by faith on the Son of God—and the Son of God was the Messiah who should come—I, Nephi, was desirous also that I might see, and hear, and know of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is the gift of God unto all those who diligently seek him, as well in times of old as in the time that he should manifest himself unto the children of men. 18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him. 19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.


This week as a mission, we studied about the importance of of personal studies and companionship studies and how it affects the way we teach our investigators. I was grateful to find this scripture that helped me find comfort to know that through a diligent study I will be able to receive personal revelation for my life. I learned that it is important to start each study session with a question. Just as the Prophet Joseph Smith wanted to know which of all the churches was the correct one, he received instruction through the scriptures that lead him to pray and ask God specifically. His studies lead to the Restoration of the Gospel and the Church of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the study habits I have developed to help me with my college studies here soon.


Hey everyone!!


It was another warm week here in Pescadero! We are working with several new investigators that Elder Martinez and I have found and teach them and serving them. Something that I have learned is to teach God's children with real love and concern instead of only teaching a lesson. These are real people with real needs and worry. I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ and resolve whatever conflict, addiction, problem that we might face in our lives.


We are teaching a lady, Sandra, that has a lot of time being taught. She recently accepted a baptismal date for the end of this month, 29 of July, and we are very excited for her because she has been wanting to be baptized for a long time and now she will be able to.


Today in our District Meeting we were doing a practice lesson and the Sisters got scared because they thought someone was in the church and it was being robbed. Last Friday the church building was robbed and they were afraid that they broke in again. But we checked and nobody was there and we said a prayer so that we would be protected and safe.


This week one of investigators Andres painted our bikes and they look way better!!



It has been a little discouraging lately because on Sunday we only had 12 people attend church and 2 investigators attend and we are trying so hard but we see few results of our work. I know that I am here for a reason and I am sure that I am here to learn patience because sometimes I'm not patient but I know that I am learning a lot and am becoming like my Savior everyday.


1 month left to go!


Adios!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment