Monday, July 31, 2017

A Cherished Relationship

Jeremiah 9:23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: 24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise loving kindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.


Something that I have learned to cherish is my relationship with my loving Heavenly Father. I have grown much closer to him in these last 2 years and I have been developing my full and complete trust in Him. I know He loves me! He wants what's best for me and guides me everyday. I know that He is real. I love learning of His son Jesus Christ because ''Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" I know that through Christ, we learn of the Father, and we can come to know Him.


Hey everyone!


This was a fantastic week full of excitement!


We were in Cabo San Lucas for the first part of the week taking care of business! I gave my district meeting on Monday night and Presidente Gabaldón walked up unexpectedly in the meeting and everyone jumped haha. He then took out the Elders to tacos and we were there until about 10 pm talking, great memories!
Tacos with the Presidente!

On Tuesdays, we had interview with Presidente Gabaldón. I personally love being able to ask question and advice to him because I feel his love and concern for me. He helped motivate me to set goals and make plans for post-mission. It's very emotional trying to make this transition and I trust that everything will go well!


On Wednesday, I had my very last Zone Conference. It was bitter/sweet knowing that it would the last one. I loved how Presidente testified that he knows that we are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. There is such power in his testimony. I was able to feel and understand more the special privilege that it is to be a full time missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ.  I feel that it is one of the best experiences that anyone can do. 
Elder Yzquierdo
Presidente presented a new mission song that missionaries in this mission composed and it is very catchy! We sang the mission song the whole car ride to Pescadero  haha.


Elder Chinchilla
The Zone Leaders came and stayed the night with us to interview Sandra for her baptism. There were a few challenges because it turns out that her boyfriend, that's in prison, is her cousin and we thought that she wouldn't be able to be baptized because it would breaking the commandments but turns out that everything is alright because they aren't as closely related as we originally thought. On Saturday, Elder Martinez and I put together the font and a big water truck filled up the font in less than 5 minutes which was great for us haha.

The baptismal service was great! Sandra was very excited and happy to make this decision. She had faced lots of tests and trials to be able to get to this point and we are all happy for her. I was able to confirm her on Sunday. It was a very great week!

Baptism of Sandra
Elder Bennett

McDonalds in Cabos

No comments:

Post a Comment