Monday, June 26, 2017

Serving with all my Heart, Might, Mind & Strength



2 Nephi 2:22 And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of Eden. And all things which were created must have remained in the same state in which they were after they were created; and they must have remained forever, and had no end. 23 And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin. 24 But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things. 25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
District Meeting
Last Sistrict Meeting of the transfer


I shared this scripture with my district this week in my last district meeting of the transfer to help the missionaries understand that it's important that we have joy in our service. I know that it would be difficult to share light and joy with others if I am not being an example of the believers and not living up to the Lord's standards. He gives us a promise that if we are obedient to His commandments and mission rules then He will guide us in our paths and we will obtain a testimony that Jesus is the Christ. I know that as we are obedient, we receive joy! Joy lasts forever but happiness is only temporary. The Gospel brings us the direction, peace, comfort, and joy that we need to overcome daily trials and keep moving forward becoming more like Christ.


Hello!


I am happy about the experiences I am having here in Pescadero! Transfers are the next week and we aren't sure what is going to happen. This next transfer will be my last before I'll be heading home in August. I am going to keep persevering and serving with all my heart, might, mind and strength! Ahhh I'll be turning 21 this week as well!!! Crazy!


We had a few challenges with our investigator Jesús this week. The Elders from San Lucas came down to do the baptismal interview and Jesús didn't pass his interview because of his lack of interest and according to him, he feels 50% yes and 50% no about his decision to be baptized. His family did not want to listen but now they are opening more and we are going to teach the whole family of Jesus. We feel a little frustrated because in the interview he said he has doubts that God exists and that because God made us sinners through Adam and Eve. We have asked inspired questions and he understands the doctrine well but still feel that it has not obtained a testimony from the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith.



After the interview of Jesús, we had to go to Cabo San Lucas unexpectedly due to one of zone leaders who recently became sick and hasn't been able to work all week. We went and helped Elder Tapia while one of us stayed with Elder Escalante in the house to take care of him.


We have been working hard! Elder Yzquierdo and I have become great friends, we are always laughing together!


This last week there has been talk of tropical storms and hurricanes coming on the way and so we will see what happens here later on this week!
Platanos

I know Christ lives and loves me! I love my family and I know families can be eternal. I know the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel and it changes the lives of those who read and apply it's contents.


Elder Bennett

Backyard Chickens

No comments:

Post a Comment