Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Great Strides

Splits with the Zone Leaders in Cabo

Exodus 15:26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.


My companion Elder Yzquierdo shared with me in our companionship studies this scripture and it really intrigued me. I realized that the Lord promised us here a very specific blessings if we choose to keep the commandments. If we keep the commandments, the Lord will bless us with health and protect us from the sicknesses and diseases of the world. Christ is our 'Healer' and can give us relief if we come to be sick or afflicted. I know that God keeps His promises and will bless us with strength and health if we give heed to His word.


Hooola buenas tardes!


This week was a bit tough, we fought through a few trials but at the end of the day we are happy and healthy!


We have been bringing 7 investigators to church every week these last few weeks! We have been happy because these 7 people have been making great strides in their progression in the Gospel. We had a great Fast and Testimony Meeting on Sunday. The Stake President came down this week to preside and helped us out a lot in the challenges we have been facing alone, since our Branch President is still in California. There is now a first counselor in the Branch Presidency in the Pescadero Branch so there is progress! A few families from Utah that were here for vacation were present in the meetings and they brought a special spirit that our investigators could enjoy. I was happy to translate a few of their testimonies in Spanish.


We now have a baptismal date for Maximino and Concepcion! They accepted to be baptized on June 17 and another older lady that we have been teaching named Teodora accepted a baptismal date for June 24. Concepcion and Teodora don't know how to read but what I really admire of them is their desire to follow Christ and be obedient to His commandments. We are very happy with the results that we are seeing in this branch. The Lord has blessed us in many ways, even though it has been difficult, we are being diligent in the work! Last night, we received a call from President Gabaldón to tell us how proud he was of our work and help us out with the struggles of the meals and the water in the church for the baptismal font.
Mangoes growing in our backyard.

It is starting to heat up a lot! I'm starting to feel a lot more the sun burning my skin and the people always tell us that it is still cool right now that it will start to get a lot more hot soon!


I know Christ lives, I know He loves us and took our place to suffer the sins of the world. I know that He continues working miracles in our lives if we choose to follow Him in faith. I know God's true church has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the Gospel and can help us come closer to Christ following it's precepts more than any other book. This is my living and growing testimony that I share in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment