Monday, December 19, 2016

The Spirit of Christmas

Hola Feliz Navidad!


“When we keep the spirit of Christmas, we keep the Spirit of Christ, for the Christmas spirit is the Christ Spirit. It will block out all the distractions around us which can diminish Christmas and swallow up its true meaning." -First Presidency

Cocos helados y preparados

I wanted to share this important message from the inspired leaders of Christ's Church. I know that this is an amazing time of the year to be able to reflect on how our year went, spend time with our loved ones, and eat lots of food! But there is a reason more important to think about personally and with those we love: Jesus Christ. I know that Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I know He is the Only Begotten Son of the Father and was chosen in the premortal realm to be the Savior of the World. I know that He paid the price of our sins to satisfy the demands of justice. I know that if we truly repent that we can receive grace and mercy from the Father. I know that Christ's Atonement is the central part of God's plan of Happiness and it's because of Him that we can be forgiven, comforted and illuminated. He is the Light of the World!


This was another crazy week due to the many trips to Culiacan for my visa.....Ugh. But finally the secretaries of the mission were able to get things figured out and I am no longer illegal so that is comforting. I can now focus on the work and no have to worry about leaving the country again haha!
2 Trips to Culiacan this week- should finally be legal!

I love this time of the year! I can finally feel the Christmas Spirit again as the people put lights on their houses and their Christmas trees. There is lots of talk of turkey this year so that should make up for missing Thanksgiving haha. In the stores, they are playing Christmas music and in Church we are preparing for the Christmas party and singing Christmas hymns.
Let the Christmas Parties begin! Lots of Posados!

On Sunday at church, a large group of members from Utah came in. Every year they come down for vacation and give a lunch on Christmas day for all the missionaries in Mazatlan. It was cool to see lots of people back from the States. I was able to translate for a lady from Utah to a lady in the Albatros Ward telling her that she thought about her all year after helping her buy appliances for her home. They both start crying and it was such a happy moment. I love the joy of service and the positive impact that it has on our lives.
Photo my Mom received from a Sister who was visiting

This week I caught a little cold. You would think I would be fine dealing with this time of cool weather when in Nebraska it is super freezing but I think it is from showering in cold water. I love the climate right now in Mazatlan.

Played basketball as a zone today on the malecon
Our investigators are slowing progressing. We have an investigator, Lupita, that is going through lots of hard times right now and we were able to pray and fast for her this week. We are praying that she will progress and the Lord will provide a way for her to assist church. We also have Jasemin, Marcela, Norma, Armando, Mili and la Familia Sanchez that we are teaching!

Yummy pan from Panama Bakery

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Christmas! Feliz Navidad!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment