Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Still in Tanques

“Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.”

2 Nephi 26:28

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a good day because everyday should be awesome! This week I wanted to share this scripture from 2 Nephi of the Book of Mormon because ALL of God's children are privileged with the opportunity to partake of the goodness of God, not one person is favored over another. That is something very awesome to me especially as a missionary because I see a lot of people that think they aren't worthy for God's blessings for their past sins or bad decisions but that's not true because Christ invites everyone to come unto Him and be like Him! I have learned to see people for the people that they can become rather than who they are.

My new companion Elder Nevarro- brand new from CCM

My new companion is Elder Nevarro from Puebla which is in Mexico. He is fresh from the CCM so I'll be training again! Elder Tineo is now training so now I have a grandson haha. Elder Nevarro is very intelligent and likes to learn. He isn't the most social but I'm going to put him to work because we have A LOT of things to fix here in Tanques. 

Tanques is one of a kind
We will be exactly obedient! Well Presidente changed the rule that we can only write for 30 minutes! Ugh that will be a struggle but I will try my best. So I have some things to do here and apologies to give to the members here which won't be easy. I'm excited to train again and it will a lot better this transfer. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Goodbye to Elder Cuevas who went to Culiacan near the Presidente

The last week with Elder Cuevas was very tough, and he had even less drive to work which is saying that basically we didn't do anything this week. It's been difficult but now I can say that I have been with one of the most difficult missionaries in the whole mission.

The train in Tanques
The thing I learned from this last transfer was that I learned a lot about myself! I learned patience, love and how to be humble. I'm grateful that God gave me these trials to learn how to become more like Him. I know that God loves me and He recognizes our strengths and weaknesses. He knows us personally and what we need in our life at the exact moment! That is comforting to know!


I know the Church is true!

Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment