Monday, August 22, 2016

A Whole Lot of Rain

Mosiah 18:8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life— 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?



In my personal studies this week I was reading in Mosiah about Abinadi and his teachings to King Noah, what a powerful example of faith and trust in the Lord. I also really like chapter 18 of Mosiah about Alma baptizing 204 souls in the Waters of Mormon. I was reminded of what I decided to be baptized and the covenant I made with my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the forgiveness that I receive what I sincerely repent and learn from my weaknesses!


Wow what a crazy, exciting and interesting week it has been! This week we went to Boscoso and Potrerillos! I love going to these new places because it's fun looking for new investigators and getting to know a new place other than Tanques where there is nothing to do. We have 3 investigators in Tanques right now, Fransisca, and 2 new ones: Cristina and Pedro. Cristina and Pedro are a married couple with 4 children and a rough past life. They immediately asked us if we know which is the true church of God on the earth and we smiled and testified of the Restoration of the Gospel.


Our investigator, Jaime, in Boscoso is always super happy and nice with us but he is sadly not completing his commitments that we leaving with him. We are finishing teaching the Restoration, he told us that he thinks that he feels that what we are saying is true and that it's correct. That's how we can know if we have received an answer from God, through what we feel and so we helped him recognize that. 
With our investigators

Next, we are coming along with the young married couple we are teaching in Potrerillos. They have a 3 year old and they want the best for her. We were able to teach that The Gospel blesses families and they can be an Eternal Family. This is one of my favorite lessons to teach because I can truly teach and testify of the blessings I have received from my Eternal Family. Hna Karely prayed for us and said she felt something that she never has felt before praying and that was a special moment to tell her that this peace and comfort is from God.


This week it rained a whole lot! But it was a blessing that the electricity didn't go out. The downside of the rain was the streets turned into muddy lagoons and we couldn't get through the mud well on our bikes, so we walked this week. The sunsets and the clouds were such a beautiful creation to see this week.


My companion and I received a lot of references this week, 12, which was the most we have achieved so far. We are continuing the search for new investigators and helping them come to the knowledge of the Savior and His true Gospel that he taught us. I love the way Elder Navarro and I are clicking in our lessons with the people we teach, it's been fun. I definitely don't really want to leave Tanques now that we are having more success.


We had an investigator come to church on Sunday! It truly was a miracle that we recognized this week. Adrian Fernandez who is progressing and showing a lot of interest to change his life for the better. I love seeing him change his life through reading the Book of Mormon and learning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


I love my companion! This week we have really gained a lot of trust in each other. We have been more open to share past experiences and stories about our family and life. He is such a good guy and has such an amazing testimony.


Cosala

This week we went with the Elders from La Cruz to a "Pueblo Magico" called Cosala. We went to a Reserve up in some hills were a member of the church brought us and showed us amazing views of waterfalls, hills and even mines. We wanted to do the zipline so bad. They said that El Chapo rented the place that we went to a little before he was caught.
Pday to Cosala

I love the experience to be a representative of Jesus Christ and His true Gospel. I know that I am following the Lord in the path that He is guiding me, through His Spirit. I don't know where I would be without faith, hope and love for my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment