Monday, August 8, 2016

Starting To Look Up

Doctrine and Covenants 58:27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;


Hey Everyone!

Here in Tanques I feel like I'm breathing new air or something, things are much better! A big weight has been lifted off my shoulders  but the weight of responsibilities of missionary work are still present. We have been going with almost all the members to tell them sorry and have a Family Home Evening with them to gain their trust again. We don't have a whole lot of investigators right now so we've been going with mostly the members and less actives as we continue the search for new investigators.
There is not much to take pictures of in Tanques besides sunsets

Elder Nevarro is a good kid! He is a little awkward coming into the mission field but a very respectful and funny man. He is 23, he went through a less active phase of his life and has seen lots of worldly things so that's why hes just now coming out but he is muy bueno! I was pretty surprised how well we taught together this first week! He knows a lot coming from the CCM already which is a blessing. Things are starting to look up here and I am excited for that. I'm glad that we are now going to work like we should. A lot of the members told us that many of the past missionaries in Tanques have lost their spirit here in Tanques because there's not many people and it's so hot and this work is hard. And so I'm trying so hard not to lose my spirit either but it's hard because it's true it's so hard here, so different than Culiacan or Teacapan where there are things to do and lots of members but here no. Just work. We are working with the members in going to the little ranchos of Boscoso and Potrerillos where we will find a lot more work. :)

Elder Nevarro


We are now in the hurricane season, and so the winds and the rains have been more frequent and stronger lately. Last night we had a storm pass through and we went without electricity again which was not very fun. Same with the strong heat and tons of mosquitoes! It's truly a test of faith being here in Tanques.


The hardest thing I did this week was on Saturday when we started to fast. Here the heat has been the worst it's every been in all my mission. Fasting was so incredibly difficult but I didn't want to eat or drink anything because I know the blessings of the Lord when we are obedient to his commandments. I fasted specifically for new investigators in our area so we can have more people to teach. So I will be excited to see how the Lord will bless us in the coming weeks in finding new people! I know He will help us when we put our faith in Him and we are obedient!


I want to close by sharing a quote that I read by Pte Uchtdorf said "Love is the measure of our faith, the inspiration for our obedience, and the true altitude of our discipleship" This quote really stuck out to me because I have learned to love people that I don't even know and open my mouth to this pueblo so they can receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I want to be like Him someday!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment