Monday, July 4, 2016

10 Months

2 Nephi 26:30 Behold, the Lord hath forbidden this thing; wherefore, the Lord God hath given a commandment that all men should have charity, which charity is love. And except they should have charity they were nothing. Wherefore, if they should have charity they would not suffer the laborer in Zion to perish.



Buenas Tardes a todos!


Well this week has been very interesting as I turned 20 years old, completed 10 months in the mission, and two trips to Culiacan in the same week!


My birthday was alright! 
On the 28th is when we went to Culiacan to say goodbye to Pte Velez. Hermana Velez brought me up to the front and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me in English which was pretty cool! Afterwards we went to eat nasty Chinese food before we traveled back to Tanques. I received a package from mom and one from my good friend Sam. It was a great and interesting day for sure that I won't forget :)

Birthday packages


This last week we went on Tuesday to a goodbye multizone conference for Pte and Hermana Velez. We then we went again to Culiacan to meet the new President and his family. I am going to miss President and Hermana Velez. They are like our mission parents and helpful and supporting and loving. I loved Pte Velez's uplifting instructions and his humble stories from his life and his mission. He is now serving in a new calling as an Area 70.

Saying Goodbye to Presidente Velez
Our new Presidente is pretty awesome! I can already tell he will be a great change here in this mission. He is very motivated and passionate and loves to work which is the same as I love to do. I know there's no other way to do this work than to actually do it! And that's one of the things that I've been learning patience from my companion because he doesn't really like to work and is not very obedient. 
Me & My Crazy Companion
Ugh its been tough with him and its been pretty difficult after being in Culiacan with an awesome companion in an awesome area and now its a big change from that. I know the Lord has all of this planned out and obviously there is something to learn from this and so I've just been trying to stay as obedient as possible without my companion getting mad and we'll just keep moving forward. It's been a challenge but I know and understand this great plan of happiness that God has for me and I'm progressing to be a better, more patient and loving person from this experience.



I know that Christ paid the price for our sins and He knows our pains and struggles in this life! I know that Christ was prepared since the foundation of the world to atone for our sins and the only way that we can receive forgiveness is when we repent and are baptized in His true church! I love the blessings of the Atonement and this Gospel in my life and in my family!


Gracias por todo!


Elder Bennett
Las Pday
In LaCruz

No comments:

Post a Comment