Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Feast Upon His Love

Jacob 1:1-2 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.



I decided to share this scripture with you all this week because this scripture caught my attention during my personal studies of the Libro de Mormon. I feel like this scripture was what I needed to hear this week because of the difficult circumstances I'm going through. He is helping me get through and a big source of strength I've utilized the last month is the power of prayer! I'm certainly learning to ' feast upon his love' and find comfort in His words.
Playing Pool on Pday


Hey! I would say this week was like a roller coaster, lots of ups and downs.

One of the challenges this week was the heat! That's pretty much a given by this time of the year in Sinaloa. Other is the fact that we don't have anyone progressing or close to being baptized. That's something that has bothered me a lot is the fact that no one has shown interest to listen or change. Lastly, this week I ate a TON of mango! I now have a favorite fruit even though it made me make a lot of trips to the bathroom.


Some positives for this week! The Assistant to the President came and worked with us for a day and we had "machin" (a lot) of success! We found a new investigator named Jaime that lives in a little rancho where we were able to visit him this week. 
Assistant to the President, Elder Moctezuma

Other plus is that it has rained here almost everyday this last week and I love it, even though now there is so much mud. 
Lots of Mud
Lastly, I have seen the hand of God in my life become a little more clearer. I've been focusing to be more humble and loving with everyone, and I find myself becoming less frustrated and more grateful for the things in my life, especially for my companion!



Last night my companion discovered that we can climb onto the roof of our house and so I decided to join him.
On the Roof
As I sat and watched the beautiful sunset, the palm trees waving in the wind and the train passing by I couldn't help but think how grateful for a loving Heavenly Father! Even though things don't always go as planned, it's the little moments that make this life so beautiful. 
Train going by
Tanques Sunset

I KNOW that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. 1 Nephi 3:7. He wants us to succeed and become stronger, more dedicated disciples to the Gospel that His beloved son Jesus Christ has brought to the earth. I feel more motivated and and converted to be better than I was yesterday so I can be better prepared for the 2nd Coming of Christ!

Capilla de Tanques

Elder Bennett A




No comments:

Post a Comment