Monday, July 11, 2016

In Thee is my Joy!

Alma 33:11 And thou didst hear me because of mine afflictions and my sincerity; and it is because of thy Son that thou hast been thus merciful unto me, therefore I will cry unto thee in all mine afflictions, for in thee is my joy; for thou hast turned thy judgments away from me, because of thy Son.

Hola everyone!


The truth is this week has been another week of trials and afflictions, but I know there is much more to come out of these experiences than I see in the moment. Heavenly Father has His perfect purposes and knows what we need in the precise moment. He doesn't take away our trials and burdens, but He can lighten them. I love the scripture in Matthew 11:28-29 that says "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." I have found a lot of comfort from these prophetic words.



Sunset in Tanques



Starting out the week was a little rough. It is the rainy season here and almost every night it starts to get cloudy and in the night it storms. Last Monday a big storm passed through and there was no electricity in all of Tanques. The people say that it is normal for this time of the year. I don't know how these people do it because for the whole night we had no air conditioning! It was the longest, sweatiest, and most miserable night of my life, haha.
Our house & bikes

The thing to do here in this small pueblo is play basketball! Everyone likes to play basketball and there's lots of little kids and even adults that play everyday. And some days my companion and I play with some members of the branch here and we were playing on the court outside the church in the night and it was the night after the big storm and there were millions of little bugs and insects flying in the air and being attracted by the big lights and we had to stop the game because there was just so many of them and was pretty bad. It reminded me of the plagues.
Little Gym in Tanques

Things have been difficult with my companion still but more than anything I am learning appreciation for the positive things that he does and for his strengths and helping him know that I love him despite his weakenesses. It's been a learning process but I know the Lord is blessing me with opportunities to better my patience and love for everyone.

Presidente Y Hermana Gabaldon came to Tanque
I learned this week also that discouragement is the worst enemy! Always have a smile on your face and be happy! We have the Gospel in our lives and that's something to be happy about.
Got soaked while riding bikes on the 4th of July

This week I also ate a mango the size of a baseball glove haha
Giant Mango

I love my family and the opportunity I have to be here in Mexico so I can helps others have the blessings of an Eternal Family like I have. It's truly amazing to have the title 'Elder'!

No comments:

Post a Comment