Monday, March 28, 2016

Semana Santa

2 Nephi 9:10. “O How Great the Goodness of Our God”


President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) expressed gratitude for the Savior’s role in fulfilling the Atonement: “Thanks be to God for the wonder and the majesty of His eternal plan. Thank and glorify His Beloved Son, who, with indescribable suffering, gave His life on Calvary’s cross to pay the debt of mortal sin. He it was who, through His atoning sacrifice, broke the bonds of death and with godly power rose triumphant from the tomb. He is our Redeemer, the Redeemer of all mankind. He is the Savior of the world. He is the Son of God, the Author of our salvation”

Buenas tardes! Feliz Semana Santa y Pascua!

Elder Tineo- my new son from the Dominican Republic
Another week here in here in the beautiful Culiacán with this time to be a full time servant of my Heavenly Father. This upcoming week I'll complete 7 months in the mission! 

I have a lot of emotions right now because today I picked up my new companion today in the office. On Saturday my district leader called and told us of our transfers and told me that I am going to be training a brand new missionary! I could hardly believe it when I found out because normally missionaries with more experience train other missionaries but I know that Presidente Velez receives revelation for every one of the transfers and this experience of training with be just as much a learning experience for him as much as for me.


Family Reunion: seeing Elder Moncayo & his companion at the mission home
My new companion is Elder Tineo! He is from the Dominican Republic. He is 18 years old and love to play basketball. He went to the CCM in Mexico same as me and he is excited to work and teach!

Seeing Elder Castillo again

Hopefully this week will be a lot better than last week, Semana Santa, because everyone was gone on vacations to celebrate the Holiday and so that left us missionaries with not many lessons or work. Our investigators were resting this week and not available so that was a little disappointing but with my new companion we will continue to search and teach to those that are prepared to hear the Gospel.
Abandoned streets of Culiacan because of Semana Santa
Gorditas
Mmmmm!

It was sad to say bye to Elder Cruz :*( We had gotten pretty close. He is still here in Culiacan and he says he will come visit. Elder Cruz and I had the chance to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting about the Atonement of Christ. I know the Atonement is the only way that we can be made perfect and worthy of Eternal life to live with our Heavenly Father. I know that faith is key and this faith that we have directs us to repentance and be baptized and cleansed of our sins. We need the Atonement everyday and Christ loved us so much to suffer for the sins, pains, and sicknesses of everyone. We are so blessed for His sacrifice.
Last moments with Elder Cruz
Going to miss Elder Cruz very much!

Elder Bennett
Cornbread for the District Meeting

Hna Raquel helped me make the cornbread

Last District Meeting

They all brought something from their country to share

The last supper/District Meeting

Last District Meeting together

No comments:

Post a Comment