Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Always Working in Culiacan

Mosiah 4:9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

Hey!! Happy First day of Spring everyone!




It's been another fun, interesting and crazy week. I've been wondering where the time has been going because every week seems to go faster and faster. This is good because when the time goes quickly we are working hard but sad because already 6 and 1/2 months of my mission is passed.
overlooking Culiacan

The language is still a struggle to be honest even with 6 1/2 months in Mexico but has been an adventure learning a new language and learning from my struggles. Trying to think of the words for this email is a little difficult since I've gotten used to speaking Spanish everyday! But Elder Cruz and I have helped each other a lot with him learning English and I with Spanish.


Awesome view in our area
Add caption

Lately, I've have noticed a real change in my life as I have forgotten myself and served the Lord. I've have felt the love and help of my Heavenly Father in my daily efforts to serve the people here in Culiacán and my companion. I know the Gospel can literally change peoples lives! I am a living witness that through faith in Christ and His Atonement we can be clean and freed from any guilt or sin we have committed in our life. I am truly grateful for this time of the year to think of the great plan of God and think of the many blessings of Him and His son Jesus Christ.
at Mirador en la Lomita

This week has been a little difficult as about 80% of Culiacán has left for vacations to Mazatlan and the beach. The students have a two week break for Semana Santa or Holy Week and so right now the work for the missionaries is a struggle. But as I have learned that keeping a positive attitude and love for everyone is important when the times get tough.




We set another baptismal date for our investigator Aldrin for the 30th of April! He is still excited and motivated to keep learning and preparing for his baptism as he continues to read the Book of Mormon and pray. He doesn't need any help with saying prayers and it has been a joy seeing him learn and grow in the principles of the Gospel.
Friends in Barrio  Los Pinos
Another friend in Barrio Los Pinos


Transfers are next week and it's sad because Elder Cruz and I are like brothers! It is most likely that he will leave so we are working hard this last week of the transfer and making the most of every moment!
Elder Cruz

Pday fun with Elder Cruz

I know true happiness comes through Christ! When we believe and have faith in God and His perfect plan for us, when can find peace and happiness individually and as families.


Christ lives!
Pday trip to DQ
Dairy Queen!!!

Elder Bennett

 Making Sushi pictures







Finished Product

Yum










































No comments:

Post a Comment