Monday, March 14, 2016

Sweater Weather

Alma 37:36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.


37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.



Hey everyone! Another fun and exciting week here in Culiacan! I'm so blessed for all the amazing people I get to meet each day, the new foods, fun experiences, and also for the challenges and difficulties we face each day.

Our good friend Juan

This week I realized how important members of the church are in missionary work. We have been having a few problems here in the ward. We have been struggling to have members come with us to our visits to our investigators which is sad because every investigator needs the support of a friend in the church. So lately, Elder Cruz and I have been learning patience and love for those here in Los Pinos. We are helping the members learn that they too are an essential part of a great work that is happening.

Los Pinos!
This week was pretty strange because last Tuesday I wore a sweater for the first time in the mission! It was really cloudy and cooler than usual then when we were eating all of a sudden it started to downpour rain and hail as well. The people say that hail is very strange around here haha. It was a little bit chilly than what I've been accustomed to the last 6 months of my mission but I was still happy because it reminded of the cool spring weather in Nebraska.

Hace Frio

Our investigators are doing well! We are starting to teach Aldrin the Plan of Salvation! He is progressing really well. He has a strong testimony already of the Prophet Joseph Smith. We have others that we have been having good lessons with like Maria Elena, Felipe, Alberto, and Paulina.

A bed of nails
I also realized how fast the time is going because there is only two weeks left in the transfer until the next. I'm trying to enjoy my time here with Elder Cruz because there's a good chance he will go to a different area. Our ward mission leader counseled us this week to love what you do, and love it more. He is right because this is the time of the Lord and every moment is precious in His sight and helping His children come unto Him is one of the greatest blessings I've seen here in the mission.

District
I grateful for the opportunity I have to learn about the life of Jesus Christ everyday and grow closer to Him each day. I know we can see miracles through Him and His infinite Atonement. I'm so blessed.


Have a wonderful week! Until next week!

Elder Bennett

Selfie with a Dino!
District Pday Activity at the Science Center
A little fun at the Science Center
More fun
Centro de Ciencias
Found my name- too bad it is on whiskey

No comments:

Post a Comment