Monday, April 4, 2016

General Conference

2 Nephi 2:11


For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.


Hello
I'm learning and growing in many aspects of life. Something I learned this week is that the mission will bless my life and the life of my family for the rest of my life, not only during this time or immediately after the mission. I'm so grateful for the time I have to serve, I love this work!
The Gringos watching General Conference at the church

Elder Tineo is awesome! He is 18 years old and does speak English pretty well. We have been talking English to each other lately haha. We are getting to know each other and he loves basketball and he can beat box really well! First week of training was kinda scary but I know it will get easier and I will be less scared haha. We are getting along really well! We are excited to work together and find new people.

Sunny smiles

We are in the process of find new people to teach! So Elder Tineo and I decided that we are going to be giving FREE English classes for anyone and everyone. The people here will have the opportunity to learn another language from their teacher....Me! Elder Tineo and I are excited to find and teach new people and we hope this way we can help others and also teach them our message of happiness that we have for everyone.
At the church

This last weekend was General Conference! I have a much greater appreciation for the words of love and counsel from our inspired prophets and apostles. I had the opportunity to watch the sessions both in Spanish and English. I was grateful for all the counsels that our leaders shared with us, but I especially enjoyed the talks of Elder Holland, Pte Uchtdorf, Pte Monson, and Elder Oaks.
Watching General Conference at a member's house

Some things that stood out for me in conference was that God love us so much! We are His children and He wants us all to come unto Him and accept and live the teachings of His son Jesus Christ so we can one day live in His presence again!

I also loved all the messages that Families can be Eternal, families are ordained of God and are the way that we can find the greatest joy, love and peace in our life.


Another topic was the importance of going to the temple and participating in the great blessings of uniting families and helping others come unto the peace and joy we have enjoyed in our lives.
Culiacan at dusk

I know that this is the most blessed time in all of history due to the advancements in technology and the number of temples in the world- we are the prophesied Saviors on Mount Zion!


I love and appreciate life a little more each and everyday, and helping other come to this knowledge is a marvelous blessing!
Beautiful Culiacan

Elder Bennett
Elder Tineo's first taste of sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment