Monday, May 22, 2017

From Sacrifices There are Blessings



1 Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.


This is a scripture that I was meditating this week. I know that the Lord is not going to ask me to do something that I won't be able to accomplish. The Lord loves me and is willing to bless me for my obedience. That's what I admire about the prophet Nephi: he always had a positive attitude and was willing to serve the Lord. I know that our loving Heavenly Father will provide when we do what He asks. He will bring us peace, happiness, and direction in our lives. I know this is true from my own experience. From sacrifices there are blessings!


Hello!


I will be in Pescadero with Elder Yzquierdo for another transfer! On Saturday night, the Zone Leaders called to inform us that we would stay the same. I am excited because this transfer we are going to have baptisms! This is going to be my second to last transfer in the mission!


This week we have a baptism! Our investigator, Hector, this Saturday will be baptized. We have to go to Cabo San Lucas because there is no baptismal font in Pescadero and we cannot baptize in the ocean. We are excited because we have be visiting him everyday for these last few weeks to prepare him. He had a few problems with coffee and smoking but now everything is good to go for his baptismal interview on Wednesday. This week he prayed especifically to know if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the true church and when I heard him ask God that, I felt a confirmation in my own heart that it is true! We are going to baptize his Uncle Jorge and Aunt Pati in the future after they get married.


This week we worked really hard! We taught 26 lessons and are following up with our investigators that we have been teaching. The Lord has really blessed us and we prayed and fasted this week that our investigators would be able to receive answers to their prayers and we could put baptismal dates with those who are progressing.
Chocolate pancakes


Lately I have been struggling a little. Every little thing was bothering me and I would lose my patience with those who would reject us and also with my companion. I think it's all of the emotions that I am feeling about almost finishing my mission and lots of things. I asked my companion to give me a priesthood blessing. I know the powers of heaven are real and this blessing helped me to have peace and to keep focusing on the work and being patient in my afflictions.


Have a great week, everyone!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment