Monday, May 8, 2017

20 Months in the Mission







Helaman 10:4 Blessed art thou, Nephi, for those things which thou hast done; for I have beheld how thou hast with unwearyingness declared the word, which I have given unto thee, unto this people. And thou hast not feared them, and hast not sought thine own life, but hast sought my will, and to keep my commandments. 5 And now, because thou hast done this with such unwearyingness, behold, I will bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works; yea, even that all things shall be done unto thee according to thy word, for thou shalt not ask that which is contrary to my will.



I wanted to share this scripture because I love this story about a missionary in the Book of Mormon called Nephi who had a lot of faith in God and was given much power, even power to change the weather and move mountains and seal in the earth and in the heavens, who worked diligently to teach the people of Nephi God's work and was blessed to receive such great blessings. Today I shared this story with my district about the importance of working with "unwearyingness" to talk to everyone, be obedient, and have a great attitude, even when the circumstances are working against you, and the Lord promises to give us His power and His blessings from on High.


Hola!


It was a tough week here in Pescadero. We have been progressing slowly with our investigators. Very few of them went to the church meetings because Sunday was Día del Niño and many took the opportunity to celebrate and drink. When we were arriving to our home in the night, our neighbors were drunken and fighting and ended up with a pick-up truck bashing and lots of bad words.


It is starting to warm up here now! The sun gets to be very hot during the day and in the night very cool. It's hard to adjust to one or the other haha. But I am enjoying a lot Pescadero. We are now using bikes so we can move around a little bit faster and arrive on time to the appointments.


We have been finding quality new investigators. One of my favorite things to do is teach and testify of the Book of Mormon and what a great blessing that it is in our lives when we study, meditate and apply the teachings to our own lives.


Some of the members and investigators have been kind enough to help us out and give us a meal whether it's dinner or lunch. We are grateful because there aren't many to help us out with the meals like in the bigger cities. The food is a little different here in the Baja. The hot dogs are called ''Jates''. We ate this week sopa de tortilla, chilaquiles, hamburguesas, and bistec ranchero.


I love my companion! Elder Yzquierdo and I get along really well! We have a lot of the same interests as me and so I am blessed with a great companion to share the Gospel with.


Thanks everyone! Tomorrow I will reach 20 months! Ahhh....


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment