Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day


Mission Buddies!

3 Nephi 3:7 Or in other words, yield yourselves up unto us, and unite with us and become acquainted with our secret works, and become our brethren that ye may be like unto us—not our slaves, but our brethren and partners of all our substance.


8 And behold, I swear unto you, if ye will do this, with an oath, ye shall not be destroyed; but if ye will not do this, I swear unto you with an oath, that on the morrow month I will command that my armies shall come down against you, and they shall not stay their hand and shall spare not, but shall slay you, and shall let fall the sword upon you even until ye shall become extinct.

Beautiful sunset
This week we were challenged by our leaders to challenge someone to baptism with this scripture. It has a powerful meaning and direct way to invite other to come unto Christ and His church.
Zone celebration

What another good week it has been here in Los Pinos! Well, of course, there are challenges and obstacles, but I'm learning a lot about myself and how to look at these problems that I'm facing more as blessings and gifts of my Heavenly Father to help me a better person and missionary.

Don't forget me!
One of the challenges we faced was that we were told by our golden investigator, Aldrin, that he has returned back to his thoughts and beliefs and doesn't have a desire to be baptized. We were pretty disappointed because we know for a surety that he is prepared for this step in his life but Satan's works are real, and more than anything we planted the seed and other missionaries in the future will harvest the seed.
Elder Lindgren

We had a pretty success week! Even though it is pretty hot out and our shirts get soaked with sweat we keep moving forward and talk to and help all the people that we can.
Mission amigas


Zone Meeting
This last weekend was pretty fun because we had our zone meeting and we talked about why we came out in the mission and watched a video of missionaries opening their mission calls and I immediately thought of my brother Connor and how he is going to open his call tonight! I'm so proud of him! It also made me think of when I opened my call and how it was a special experience. I know I made the right decision to come out on the mission and serve the Lord for 2 years! Even though there are many difficult things this is the most precious time in my life to be able to help others to receive a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and His Church.
Happy Birthday Elder Lindstrom & Hna Vazquez

I was able to talk to my family for Skype this weekend which was so amazing to talk and see them! I have to be honest and say that talking English to them for the time we talked was not very easy for me because I had to think a lot about what to say but it was a very special experience to talk to them and my mom on Mother's Day! :)


Skyping!
I know this is Christ's restored church here in these lasts days and we can receive so many blessings through our obedience and trust in our Heavenly Father and his Great Plan of Happiness that He has provided us! I KNOW this is true!


Elder Bennett
Enchiladas
Ants carrying a cucaracha out of our house

No comments:

Post a Comment