Monday, May 2, 2016

8 Months today!









The face his mom missed so much in last weeks pictures!
“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”

Ether 12:27

Hey everyone! Today I completed 8 months in the mission! This time has gone incredibly fast! It's been an amazing journey so far and can't wait have more amazing experiences here in Mexico :)
Haircut- this man used a very weird technique- he set it on fire- I wasn't expecting that!
This week has been a pretty stressful week for me and my companion. We started out the week well and finishing the lessons with our investigator Aldrin who is so awesome and prepared to be baptized and then Satan worked his way into Aldrin's life and disrupted some things to prevent him from being baptized this week. So first Aldrin was assaulted in a bus and robbed his wallet, his girlfriend who introduced him to the Church broke up with him, and his mother is against his decision to be baptized and wants him to at least learn more and make the decision in the future when he is older. And now Aldrin didn't feel emotionally prepared to be baptized. So we have been battling the devil all this week with the power of prayer and fasting. It's been a little difficult and frustrating because Elder Tineo and I feel like he is more than ready but Satan has him convinced that now isn't his time. This was our biggest struggle of the week.
Pizza X-Treme
However, my companion and I were able to accomplish some great things this week! Not a lot of people were available or desired to be taught by the missionaries this week so Elder Tineo and I did a lot of contacting and had 24 new contacts.
At the Bowling Alley
We had 6 people come to our English Class this week! They were all members but it's through the members that we can find new investigators to teach. Our class is growing little by little and it's super fun teaching English! I'm remembering some things from school and English words that I've forgotten in my 8 months in the mission haha.
Tinga con Espagueti Y arroz
We had an activity with four wards in the area centered on Missionary Work last Friday! It was great! The activity was especially for the members to help them to share the Gospel more. We organized the activity like an MTC and each companionship of missionaries taught a 15 minute class. 
A stalwart group of Elders
Elder Tineo and I taught how the members can contact to their friends, family and associates that aren't members and we shared 1 Nephi 17 about the story of Nephi building a boat and compared it to them and missionary work. Presidente Velez and his wife were in attendance and they shared powerful testimonies of missionary work, even if it's just a smile.
Missionary Activity
Today for P-day we went bowling and played pool with some of the missionaries in our zone! Next week is transfers and I'm not sure if I'm going to get transfered or not. And next Sunday I get to talk to my family through Skype and I'm super excited!
Bowling on Pday
The winner!
I love this great time that we are a part of. In these days we have the Restored Church of Jesus Christ on the face of the earth and being able to invite others to Christ and His Church is a great blessing to me and my Eternal family.

Elder Bennett
More bowling pictures with the Zone and District leaders & their companions

No comments:

Post a Comment