Monday, February 8, 2016

Patience, a PR & the Plan of Salvation

Ether 12:6 “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.”
In the park


Hola!!


This week was very interesting! We had a lot of things happen, lots of work and as a result some success as well! We had divisions with the Assistants of the Mission and also our Zone Leaders so Elder Cruz and I learned a lot from them and our numbers this week were the best that I've had in my mission so far!
Elder Cruz and I

We had two lessons with Juan de Dios and Elva which were really good!! Juan de Dios is progressing and learning a lot and we are so excited for him because we can feel that the Lord has prepared him to learn the teachings of Christ in his life right now. We taught him about the Apostasy and also about the Book of Mormon and gave him a copy. We asked if he would like to be baptized on the 12th of March and he said he wants to talk to his wife so he can be baptized with her and we were like Wow, that's awesome haha.
Familia Leon

We gained a new investigator named Fransisca. That's kinda funny because we just baptized Fransisco lol. She is 60 years old and has a lot of interest in the Plan of Salvation and where we came from before we were born, why we are here, and where we are going after we die.
We made hotcakes

We had a personal record of 20 contacts in the street this week which was pretty exciting for us. We witnessed someone also get ran over this week which was kinda scary. There's lot of crazy things that go on here in Mexico.



one of the houses of El Chapo
Elder Cruz and I had a learning experience this week. We were both pretty tired and we weren't having much success.We finished a lesson and I said we can visit you the next Saturday but Elder Cruz said on Tuesday is better. I got mad I don't know why but I was just really irritated and we went back to the casa. He sat me down and we read some scriptures and our white manual and in preach my gospel about patience and it was a really eye opening experience for me. I'm really grateful for my comp who is teaching me a lot and how to be a better person. I asked if we could say a prayer before we left to work again and I said it and I just started crying, I felt bad for how I had acted and I learned the importance of patience and love and repentance as well.
Being Silly!

Today, we went bowling as a zone again and it was so fun! I got last hahaha. But we had a good time and took a lot of pictures.
Bowling!
Our District
Even more bowling pictures!
Having fun!
Waiting for the bus
100% Culichi (whatever you do don't look up this term- it's not nice what I found)
Then we ate tacos at Taco Moreno again in the Centro.
Quesadilla and horchata

Transfers are next week and I don't know what will happen but I trust in the Lord in all things and have faith that all will be okay as long as I strive to be obedient and have a positive attitude and love for everyone!


Gracias por todo!!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment