Monday, February 29, 2016

Just about 6 Months in the Mission

“I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me…When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” Joseph Smith's First Vision

Buenas Tardes!


This was an awesome week full of miracles! Some of the miracles that we witnessed this week were we had 5 less actives come to church and we gained a new amazing investigator who accepted baptism in our first lesson with him! His name is Aldrin and is the boyfriend of a member here in Los Pinos. He came to church this last Sunday and is truly searching for God in his life and ahh it is such a blessing to have found him because I know he will be baptized at the end of this month!

10 pm run to the store to get toilet paper!
We had almost 20 contacts in the street again which was really successful for us and I feel a lot more confident here in our area and where to go now and talking to strangers haha. Of course when people reject us, when appointments fall, or the heat gets to us that's the hard part haha. Those are the times that my knowledge and testimony is strengthened. The best thing that happened this week was the lesson with Aldrin and accepting to be baptized and I helped him pray for the first time. I've noticed lately that the Spirit has really helped me in our lessons and the words easily come to me when we are in the Spirit of God teaching His word.
Heira, Aldrin & I

We are progressing a little with Juan de Dios and Elva. We told Juan that we can bring him to a Job Center that the church has here in Culiacan to help him find a good job to help him attend church on Sunday and find a good university he can go to. Our area is probably a 2 or 3 miles across I would guess. Its pretty big I would say. Walking all day is kinda difficult but we split up our area in 4 parts and each day we are focusing on just one part of our area to make things easier. We have 8 missionaries in our zone and this week we had the chance to attend a baptism for the sister missionaries in our district.
We ordered sushi
Te queremos- we love you!
I can't believe i'm coming up on my 6 month mark here in the mission! In these last six months i've learned more Spanish than I could have ever imagined. I'm truly blessed for this experience I have to learn a new language and culture. I know my Heavenly Father has strengthened me in my difficulties with Spanish.
A Mexican dessert called Capriotada

I know without a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on the earth. We have had many opportunities to teach that Christ established his church here on the earth over 2000 years again and authority of the prophets and apostles was lost after they were rejected and murdered which lead to the formation of many churches today. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to a young boy Joseph Smith to restore the same church that Christ organized in the last days. I know this is true!!


Elder Bennett
I made BBQ ribs for the first time
Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment