Monday, February 15, 2016

Los Pinos for another 6 weeks

“And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.”

1 Nephi 3:7

What a crazy week it has been! I really have come to enjoy the Lord's work as I always look for opportunities to serve others, because that's what brings us joy! I feel like I have truly become a convert to the Church through these last 5 1/2 months I already have in the mission. It's crazy how fast the time is going!
District Meeting


This week I learned the importance of diligence. The heat is really starting up here as it's 100 degrees here almost everyday. And the people here say that it is still winter here with these temps. Elder Cruz and I have been suffering through the heat this week because it sucks a lot of energy from us and we tire easily. So I've learned the value of pressing forward despite being tired and hot. This isn't my time and the people we are teaching and i have grown to love here helps motivate me to be a diligent missionary.
Last District Meeting together
On Saturday our district leader called and told us about cambios and said that I'm going to La Paz in the Baja! My companion and I freaked out and then he told us that it's a joke and that Elder Cruz and I are here in Los Pinos for another transfer haha.
Getting a new DL and ZL
Our investigators are doing pretty well! Juan de Dios is awesome and he accepted a baptismal date for the 19th of March but his wife Elva is still unsure for the need to be baptized. This is the same exact situation we had with Fransisco and his wife Nieves. We are praying hard that she will come to know the need of a correct and divine baptism the same way that Christ way baptized. We were able to teach them about the Book of Mormon this week and how the Bible and Book of Mormon go hand-in-hand and support each other. "By the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses, I will establish my word"
Jenga game with Ward Mission Leader
Elder Cruz and I have been going to the gym and lifting weights and running everyday and it's been great! We excited for another opportunity to work together, develop our relationship and help everyone come unto Christ!
Elder Cruz
There is a lot of talk of the "Papa" or the Pope who is here in Mexico. We heard that he is getting paid $36 million pesos for every minute he is here- which is an insane amount of money.

I can't think what my life would be like if I wasn't a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know without a doubt this is the true church here on the earth. I know Christ suffered and died for us and provided the way to live with our Heavenly Father again someday. I know the Gospel blesses families and they can be eternal. I'm grateful for this knowledge.

Feliz San Valentin!

Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment