Monday, January 18, 2016

Another week in Culiacan


Hola everyone!


Another week here in Culiacan and it has been full of ups and downs. First of all this week was pretty difficult having lessons with our investigators because they have been busy but I did get the chance to meet our investigator who will be baptized on the 30th of this month, Fransisco, he doing really well and it's cool to see him make this important covenant with God! We are really happy for him. This week we did however have pretty good success in teaching lessons to the members here. Slowly I've been learning the area and the people here and the truth is I love it. We have been fed really well since I've been here. Lots of tacos, chicken, and sopa. Some things I've heard that people eat here is iguanas and Menudo which is cow stomach, I'm looking forward to eating that haha.
We gave a cat that an Elder kept in our casa to our investigator Alejandro
This week we paid to go to the gym and it has been great because it's a good way to start the day. I've made a lot of friends here in the mission as well. Today for P-day we went to the biggest mall here in Culiacan. There's a lot of people here and lots of things going on so its a bit crazy. We also went to the Centro where there are a lot of businesses and I ate the best tacos I've ever eaten in my life at a place called Tacos de Moreno.

Best tacos I've ever eaten in my life
Bridge to La Forum- a huge mall

Things have been great with my companion Elder Cruz. We are both pretty new and we are trying our best efforts to serve the Lord. I tried contacting more this week and talking to people in the streets but I'm still not very good at it haha. Lots of people are accustomed to their religion and don't want to change but we know that through a Prophet Joseph Smith the same church that was organized on the earth when Christ came is here and that it can bring so much happiness and blessings.
Statue in our area

In the lessons with people I have seen that my Spanish has came a lot more easier to me with the help of the Spirit. I am on the Lord's errand and I have called of God to teach to all about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that through His divine help I am help to understand and speak the Spanish language easier. I am so grateful for His help to bring to pass the eternal life and immortality of man.
Catholic Church downtown
I am convinced that missionary work is not easy. I have seen the struggles, trials, rejection every day of the mission. However, I love this work that I am doing and I have learned and grown so much in the 4 and 1/2 months I have here in the mission. The message that we are teaching is the most important thing that people need to know in this life. Yes, it's sad when people don't accept but I know that there is reason for everything and everyone will have a chance to hear of God's great plan.
Juan showed us around today
Church of Jesus Malverde

Jesus Malverde was a drug dealer here and was like Robin Hood and gave a lot to the people. 

Thanks everyone for the support and prayers. I hope everyone has a great week! God bless.


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment