Monday, January 4, 2016

Feliz Año 2016


Hey Everyone!

Feliz Año 2016! What a wonderful new year it is to set goals and start fresh. 
Lantern on New Year's Eve

New Years we went to the Hernandez Family who live right underneath our casa and ate tamales, sopa, pollo and drank horchata

2016!
I have a new start in a new area with a new companero. I am in Los Pinos in Culiacan Sinaloa. Los Pinos is close to downtown kinda. I am with Elder Cruz who was in my zone in my first cambio in Esquinapa. Elder Cruz is a fun loving guy and is very spirited and happy. He has one more cambio than I do in the mission so we are both the senor companion. He is from Chiapas Mexico and doesn't know much English but that's okay because I can understand Spanish very well right now!


We found out the cambios on Saturday night so on Saturday night after we finished working I washed my clothes at Hna. Isabels. On Sunday, it was fast Sunday and my last Sunday in Teacapan so I bore my testimony in front of everybody. 
Last sunset in Teacapan
It was a very special Sunday also because a youth in the ward recieved his mission call to Quito Ecudaor. That was a special moment because it reminded me how excited and nervous I was when I opened my mission call.
Mosiah opened his mission call to Ecuador

So all of Sunday I went to the members homes and investigators to say my goodbyes. I took pictures with them and had them write a little message in my missionary notebook. It was definitely sad leaving Teacapan. I am so close with the members and people there. They are like family to me. 
Familia Hernandez Garcia

Familia Hernandez Cortez (this family shared the videos from the last post)
Familia in Cristo Rey
Santiago and Mario
I gave my USA shirt to Alvin

The hardest to say bye to was my first investigator, Narciso. I cried a little bit. He is struggling right now and is wanting to start drinking again so he needs prayers.
Saying goodbye to Narciso

Sunday night I packed everything and it was pretty difficult. Packing is not my favorite haha. 
Adios Teacapan
In the morning, Hno Zenon gave us a ride to Escuinapa where I opened my Christmas package from my parents with the help of all the missionaries in the zone which was fun haha.
Last District Meeting in Esquinapa
I said bye to Elder Castillo and all the missionaries in Esquinapa and then Elder Ayalla and I took the AUS Bus to Culiacan. The bus showed the movies Pearl Harbor and Paul Blart Mall Cop 2.


We arrived to Culiacan five hours later and then took a taxi to the mission office where I met my new companion. We arrived to the new house which is a lot bigger and nicer than Teacapan so that's good!


I am excited for this new change in the mission! It is such a wonderful opportunity to meet new people, explore Mexico and experience their culture. I love love Mexico and the people here. I love this work that I am doing and I cant wait to invite people unto Christ and be baptized here in Los Pinos! Baptism is the key to the door to the kingdom of God and is an opportunity to start a new life and be washed of their sins.


I know this church is true! I wish everyone a wonderful and happy new year! God Bless


Gracias por todo! Les amo😊


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment