Monday, April 10, 2017

A New Adventure in la Baja!!!

Hola a todos!


Jacob 1:19 And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence; wherefore, by laboring with our might their blood might not come upon our garments; otherwise their blood would come upon our garments, and we would not be found spotless at the last day.
Scenic View of Maza

Today I gave my first District Meeting here in the Baja California with my new district! I shared this scripture to highlight the importance of being diligent in missionary work. When we work hard, and do what the Lord would have us do, we receive the remission of our sins. We feel peace, joy and forgiveness. I know that as I labor with all my heart, might, mind and strength, I will be well with the Lord and help my brothers and sister come closer to our Savior.


Hello from the Baja California!


Right now I am in Cabo San Lucas. I was transferred Saturday in the afternoon which was odd because normally the transfers are on Mondays. I received a call from the Zone Leaders in Mazatlan on Friday morning telling me that tomorrow I will have to go to Culiacan to go to the Airport and fly to the Baja. I didn't believe Elder Finkner when he told me but I later realized that it was not a joke haha. So my last few days in Albatros were crazy. 
Packing Up!
With Elder Simister and Brother Tanner
Leaving Maza

I said goodbye that everyone that I could in Mazatlan and taught my companion Elder Gonzalez the area before I left and so it was a little hectic. Elder Gonzalez is going to train a new missionary in Albatros and I am so happy for him.
Elder Gonzalez
We got really close, he has been one of my favorite companions. We had planned an activity in Albatros that I sadly could not attend which was a bummer. It was really sad to leave there, I had 6 months there so it felt like home. 
But I was happy because now I think I have gotten to meet all the cities in the whole mission. I have 3 transfers left, 4 months and a half so it is very likely that I will end my mission here.


On Saturday, a family from Utah helped us missionaries out a lot, they gave us rides, took us out to eat and gave us money. They were a great blessing!
Breakfast with the Tanners

 I traveled alone to Culiacan and there I went to the airport and traveled with Hermana Calvillo a sister missionary from Mexico City. We both were headed to our new areas in the Cabo San Lucas zone and the only flight was for Saturday. 


My new area is a ranchito similar to Tanques and Teacapan in Sinaloa, called Pescadero. We have another little touristic town called Todos Santos that apparently has the Hotel California that they sing about in the song. 
New Area

I am with Elder Yzquierdo, he is my grandson in the mission. Elder Tineo trained him and now we are companions. He is from Peru! He is such a great missionary!


The Baja is waaaay different than Sinaloa. It's like a whole new mission here. It is more dry here and not as humid. In Mazatlan I was always hot and sticky. Here it is just starting the hot weather, and the sun burns a lot. I love to see the beaches and the palm trees here! 
I am the district leader of all sister missionaries and my companion. It will be a new and exciting adventure here!


Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment