Monday, March 6, 2017

So Much to be Thankful For

Alma 29:14 But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi. 15 Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward! 16 Now, when I think of the success of these my brethren my soul is carried away, even to the separation of it from the body, as it were, so great is my joy.


I wanted to share this scripture this week. I have come to have a gratitude for everything that has happened in my missionary service, the difficult and the sweet moments. I have come to feel joy and happiness for the joys of others. Even though success has come in different ways than I expect, I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who loves and knows me and blesses me for my obedience. I know that He is there for me and comforts me in difficult times and gives me joy in the beautiful experiences. I know Jesus is the Christ; the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I know that it is only by Him that we can be saved and returns to God's presence. (John 14:6) There is much to be thankful for!

My companion and Josue on Fast Sunday



Hey everyone!


This has been an amazing week! I am enjoying my new companion, Elder Gonzalez for the joy and spirit of work that he brings to Albatros! He is such a great Elder! He is from Puebla. He works very hard and we get along really well. I am trying to help him learn English and it is brain  
racking trying to remember English, there is no problem with writing it, it's the talking... We have started out week one of the transfer super well!


The Relief Society President, Lupita, invited us over and made us crepes
We recently put a baptismal date with a young man named Genaro. He has 15 years old and he has a lot of faith in Christ. We are going to baptize him on March 25! We are so excited! He is attending seminary and is going to church every week and reading the scriptures! Not many youth these days are doing that!

Part of our area

We had a special experience with one of our investigators that we have been teaching for a while now named Jazmin. Her boyfriend who is the father of their two children recently returned back with her and they are progressing amazingly. They are now praying as a family and they attended church for the first time! Ahhh I was so excited because the blessings of the Sabbath Day are so special and she has made lots of changes in her life and is seeing the blessings and gaining a testimony. The Lord is blessing us and our investigators in many ways!


Chorreadas
We have worked hard this week to find new investigators. We have had to leave a few of them for a while so the seed that we have planted in them can swell and grow. We have a few new people in teaching that are progressing as well!


I love this gospel, I love the Church of Jesus Christ, I love my family and I love God! Thanks for your love and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment