Monday, February 13, 2017

Sharing Love, Peace and Joy!


Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

I really liked this scripture this week when I read it. I know that when I give or when I am serving my fellowman, I am giving and serving to the Lord. He always blesses us when we do His will. His will is that we love the Lord with all thy heart, might, mind and strength and also that we love thy neighbor as thy self. I know that through selfless service and acts of kindness and charity, we can receive the joy of the Spirit more abundantly in our lives. So my challenge is that we can do unto others as they would do unto you.


Hola a todos!


It's been a pretty good week, in fact, every week is a good week! The mission is such a great blessing in my life. I love that I can share love, peace and joy to others each and everyday. A simple phrase of testimony can set events in motion that affect someone's life for eternity.


We have been working with several investigators this week. We are pretty excited about José who has a baptismal date for 25 March. We had to put his date in a future date because of his lack of attendances to church. We have lots of investigators that are progressing and we are just working hard to teach them and guide them through the process of repentance and invite them to come unto Christ.


I have been enjoying the new changes in the missionary schedule and the focus on 4 key indicators, as well as the standards of excellence.


I never mentioned some of the new changes in the missionary schedule worldwide. So we still wake up at 6:30, but we no longer have a order in which we do the things. We just need to do the following things before 10:00 am. 30 minutes of exercise, breakfast, get ready, 1 hour of personal study, and 30 minutes of planning. Then during the day we are expected to do 30 more minutes of comp study, and 30 minutes of language study, but at the time we want. But we are supposed to be out of the house by 10:00 working and back home by 9:00. The idea is that we are to be our personal agents and not locked to a certain schedule. The idea is that we will be healthier and more efficient missionaries. They also changed the numbers that we track. The only 4 numbers we count and report now are: 1) Baptisms and Confirmations 2) Baptismal Dates 3) Investigators in Church, 4) New Investigators.



The idea is that these 4 numbers are the most important. I like it. Its kinda a normal habit before with all the numbers we had, to try to reach the goals just so the people that report with you see good numbers. But now those numbers don;t get seen by any one else, and just the numbers that truly matter. Makes us work harder in my opinion


This week we had a zone conference and interviews with Presidente Gabaldón. I really do like my Presidente, after our interviews he took us out to Carls Jrs. He is pretty funny! We also received exciting news that at the end of the month we are going to receive a special visit from Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. We were super stoked!


Have a wonderful week everyone! Take care!


Elder Bennett



PS. This is me taking a treatment, drinking hot cinnamon tea and with medicine. I had a cold and one of our investigators in less than 30 minutes put me back together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment